Welcome !

This Blog is a compilation of revelations, inspirations, and meditations that come from the distinctive perspective of eastern spirituality and mysticism! Please enjoy and share your thoughts, impressions and inspirations if any.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Being Comfortable with Being Alone

Aloneness and Loneliness seem to be the same thing. They are not even close. Loneliness arises when something or someone that you are dependent is no longer in your presence. In extreme form it is an addiction to that person which can lead to great anxiety and panic. It feels like a huge whole in the center of your being. Your mind can then become torturous in the midst of severe loneliness.
Aloneness is completely different. When I was in deep meditation the other evening , I felt a great sense of aloneness come over me. However it had a totally different quality to it.I was void, empty, and nothing. There was a great sense of peace and tranquility. It was alive with vibrance and energy. Suddenly I felt a sense of transcedence no longer connected to the things of life. I was ready to die and ready to live and then beyond both. I had offered my life to Life. In that moment I felt complete and whole. It was a sense of complete reality. The reality of my Being. To know yourself in that place is the greatest joy! Nothing else compares in the world of form. To know your essence is to know Life!!!

No comments: